LOCATION: North Vancouver, BC
REPORTS TO: Maven, Director of Operations
Join our team as Administrative Assistant for two thriving companies based in beautiful Vancouver. Our founders have successfully established two professional firms and are looking for an experienced administrative professional who is organized and has great attention to detail.
Maven Consulting Limited is an engineering and consulting company providing services to utilities, municipalities, and more. Vertex Development is a boutique developer of community focused residential projects. This position is based in our head office in North Vancouver and will be responsible for assisting in tasks associated with two fast-growing professional companies.
- Work in a professional, friendly, and respectful culture – Maven is named as a Best Place to Work in British Columbia
- Contribute to two growth-oriented businesses with opportunities for personal growth – Maven has been recognized as the fastest growing professional services company in Western Canada in 2021
- Be supported through training, team meetings, and 121 meetings
- Attend staff events – e.g., socials, lunches, townhalls
- Contribute to Maven’s Share 1% program – we donate1% of our annual revenue into local community groups
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Day-to-day office operations including managing suppliers/vendors, ordering, reception (answering phone, postal/courier services, greet visitors), as well as coordinating facility maintenance (kitchen, cleaners, building management)
- Provide executive assistant support to our founders and other team members including booking travel arrangements, entering expenses, and more.
- Provide administrative support for our projects and contracts, including, document control, tracking contracts and purchase orders, and project initiation and archiving procedures.
- Support administration of corporate programs, such as Health & Safety, Share 1%, Fleet Management, strategic initiatives, and IT. Tasks include meeting minutes, booking & coordinating meetings, event planning, updating and writing documents (Microsoft Word, Canva, PDF), summarizing data or update tracking (Microsoft Excel or other systems), and trouble shooting or implementing technology.
- Minimum 3 years of office administration, office coordination, executive assistance, or contract administration experience preferably in a consulting or professional environment.
- Role is based in our office in North Vancouver; able to be in the office 5 days a week
- Excellent verbal communication – e.g., can coordinate with our staff in a friendly approachable style
- Excellent written communication – e.g., can write meeting minutes with very few edits
- Organized, good time management and multi-tasking skills – e.g., can keep our team organized
- Able to work independently in a fast past environment and problem solve to complete tasks – e.g., can manage own workload
- Ability to use cloud-based office systems with a strong aptitude for picking up technology
- Ability to use office equipment such as phone system, copier machine, video conferencing technology and strong knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- May have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent and may be a Project Management Professional or a Supply Chain Management Professional.
Maven Consulting is an engineering and construction consultancy delivering services across Western North America. Maven has been recognized as the fastest growing professional services company in Western Canada and as Best Place to Work in British Columbia.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We have a professional, friendly, and open team committed to our values of serving clients, producing quality work, proactive communication, committed to safety, and sharing our success.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute. We are proud to donate 1% of our annual revenue to local community groups.
Vertex Developments is a legacy-driven development company whose mission is to build the best multi-family communities; providing quality and imaginative homes that last for generations.
“Legacy-driven” means we are providing more than desirable homes, it means we are creating community-focused developments in a city where nature, culture and the economy drive world-class livability. The homeowners, specialty contractors, and investors, who are all part of our story all play a role in securing this legacy of community and are committed to delivering projects that take the best interests of people and the planet to heart.
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.