LOCATION: British Columbia. Open to Remote or Hybrid in our North Vancouver office
As an infrastructure consultancy acting as owner’s representatives for utility and municipal clients, Maven delivers projects and services that will serve the communities where we live, work and play. And it starts with our people – motived to do our best work and make an impact.
We are looking for Project Controllers who has experience with low complexity to full project scope projects in the power sector, and most importantly algins with our team core values (Safety, Wellbeing, Respect, Quality, Collaborate, Growth Mindset). This position is based either remotely or from our North Vancouver office and is responsible for supporting capital projects throughout BC.
Why join Maven:
- Grow with us – Take on new projects and learn with our experienced team
- Work on interesting projects – from system improvements to new builds
- Be supported through training, team meetings, peer coaching, and townhalls
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program
- Work in a professional, friendly, and respectful culture – named as a Best Place to Work for Inclusion and Mental Health
- Work in a flexible and hybrid work environment – spend 2-3 days in our North Vancouver office or work remotely from home
- Contribute to a growth-oriented business – Maven has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional service companies in Western Canada
- Support the execution of project plans to ensure projects are executed in an effective manner, on time and within budget throughout the project lifecycle
- Support in the Development of and maintenance of project costs including actuals and forecasting by collaborating with Project Managers
- Identify variances against various baselines using cost variance reports and discusses with Work Project Managers to determine if change notices are required
- Assess for opportunities to improve schedules and cost savings through understanding of project management principles
- Participate in the Communication of the schedule and budget status to ensure the project team is informed of project risks.
- Maintain records in accordance to Document Management processes
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Science or related discipline would be an asset
- Minimum of 2 years of scheduling and project control experience for capital projects, preference for the power industry (Transmission or Distribution).
- Working knowledge with Primavera, SAP, SharePoint, MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project), Adobe Acrobat
- Working knowledge of scheduling techniques, principles, and practices
- Broad understanding of project management principals and practice, and engineering projects
Maven delivers infrastructure projects for communities in Western and Northern Canada as owner’s representatives. We turn client ideas and objectives into sustainable infrastructure, delivered safely, on time and on budget with Maven’s unique expertise.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We are a mid-sized firm, with have a professional and friendly team committed to our values of safety, wellbeing, respect, quality, collaborate and growth mindset.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. Through our Share1% program we select organizations to partner with and offer volunteer opportunities for our staff.
Email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered and only those invited to an interview will be contacted.