LOCATION: North Vancouver, BC
SALARY RANGE: $55K-$80K
As an infrastructure consultancy acting as owner’s representatives for utility and municipal clients, Maven delivers projects and services that will serve the communities where we live, work and play. And it starts with our people – motived to do our best work and make an impact.
We are looking for a Safety Coordinator to support safety management services for all relevant phases of a project, and most importantly aligns with our team core values (Safety, Wellbeing, Respect, Quality, Collaborate, Growth Mindset). This position is based in British Columbia and is responsible for supporting safety activities for a portfolio of transmission and distribution power projects.
Why Join Maven:
- Grow with us –Take on new projects and share your experience with our team
- Work on interesting projects – From system upgrades to infrastructure capital projects
- Be supported through training, team meetings, peer coaching, and townhalls
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program
- Work in a professional, friendly, and respectful culture – named as a Best Place to Work for Inclusion and Mental Health
- Work in a flexible and hybrid work environment – Work remotely from home and join us in our North Vancouver office for project work as needed
- Contribute to a growth-oriented business – Maven has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional service companies in Western Canada
- Support Safety Management Service activities in all phases of a project including planning and implementation.
- Support in the development and implementation of policies and procedures designed to promote worker health and safety as well as ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Evaluate site processes and equipment to determine controls needed to keep workers safe
- Support incident investigation procedures and help identify injury trends and to implement programs to improve accident statistics
Who we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in safety and health
- Knowledge of safety issues related to construction and maintenance of utility projects (e.g. substation, transmission & distribution lines, and facilities).
- Advanced knowledge of WorkSafe BC (WSBC) regulations and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) regulations
- Strong MS Office (Word, Excel, and SharePoint) and Adobe Acrobat skills
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
Maven delivers infrastructure projects for communities in Western and Northern Canada as owner’s representatives. We turn client ideas and objectives into sustainable infrastructure, delivered safely, on time and on budget with Maven’s unique expertise.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We are a mid-sized firm, with have a professional and friendly team committed to our values of safety, wellbeing, respect, quality, collaborate and growth mindset.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. Through our Share1% program we select organizations to partner with and offer volunteer opportunities for our staff.
Email your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered and only those invited to an interview will be contacted.