LOCATION: North Vancouver, BC (hybrid)
LEVEL: Intermediate to Senior
SALARY RANGE: $28-$45/hr
As an infrastructure consultancy acting as owner’s representatives for utility and municipal clients, Maven delivers projects and services that will serve the communities where we live, work and play. And it starts with our people – motived to do our best work and make an impact.
We are looking for a Construction Officer who has site coordinator and inspector experience, and most importantly aligns with our team core values (Safety, Wellbeing, Respect, Quality, Collaborate, Growth Mindset). This position is based on construction sites across BC and is responsible for construction site coordination and inspection services on multiple transmission and distribution projects across BC.
Why Join Maven:
- Grow with us – Take on new projects and learn with our experienced team
- Work on interesting projects – from system upgrades to infrastructure capital projects
- Be supported through training, team meetings, peer coaching, and townhalls
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program
- Work in a professional, friendly, and respectful culture – named as a Best Place to Work for Inclusion and Mental Health
- Work in a flexible and hybrid work environment – work remotely from home and join us in our North Vancouver office for project work as needed
- Contribute to a growth-oriented business – Maven has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional service companies in Western Canada
- Inspect construction work which may be on substations, transmission lines, and hydroelectric equipment by using excellent skills in inspection procedures and understanding of construction methods to meet deadlines and comply with building and safety codes.
- Ensure work site safety by prioritizing the safe execution of work and performing Safe Work Observations using excellent knowledge in safety standards and regulations
- Conduct or coordinate site testing, surveying, and estimating activities by using good working knowledge of engineering drawings to enable timely progression of projects.
- Support contract and/or work order administration by collaborating with the project team to ensure that the work, materials, progress, and costs meet expectations
- Act as a subject matter expert by providing advice on complex technical issues.
- Respond professionally and promptly to internal and third-party construction inquiries
Who we are looking for:
- Diploma in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Technology from an Institute of Technology or relevant trades, apprenticeship courses, or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of construction experience or equivalent.
- Good working knowledge of project and contract administration
- Excellent working knowledge of safety standards and regulations such as Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Standards and WorkSafe Regulations
- Excellent working knowledge of engineering drawings and specifications
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken.
- Comfortable travelling and working in adverse weather conditions or at heights/underground
Maven delivers infrastructure projects for communities in Western and Northern Canada as owner’s representatives. We turn client ideas and objectives into sustainable infrastructure, delivered safely, on time and on budget with Maven’s unique expertise.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We are a mid-sized firm, with have a professional and friendly team committed to our values of safety, wellbeing, respect, quality, collaborate and growth mindset.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. Through our Share1% program we select organizations to partner with and offer volunteer opportunities for our staff.
Email your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered and only those invited to an interview will be contacted.