LOCATION: North Vancouver, BC
COMPANY NAME: Maven Consulting Limited
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
Are you looking to advance your career and become a key member of the Management Team?
Join us as our Director of Finance at Maven Consulting Limited, an engineering and construction consultancy, listed on the Globe and Mail Growth 500 list for the past 3 years running as one of Canada’s fast-growing companies.
We are looking for an experienced and results oriented finance professional who is forward thinking and can lead. The Director will be well organized, and solutions oriented. He/she will provide accurate and timely financial information, be an active member of the management tea, and be a key contributor to the Company’s success.
Reporting to the CEO, and as part of an established management team, this position will oversee day-to-day finance and accounting, corporate administration, and operations duties (facilities, IT, and some internal HR activities). This position will have two direct reports and will work closely with the office manager and Directors on specific projects.
Finance and Accounting
- Lead and provide oversight for financial operations of the organization
- Review with CEO forecast profits, cashflow and costs and address any financial issues
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports on a regular basis, including revenue forecasts, cash receipts, utilization report, labour cost forecasting, cash flow projections, and income statements.
- Review and oversee the timely issuance of invoices to clients
- Be a contributing member to company strategy and lead the annual budgeting process
- Lead the annual review of charge out rates and financial fiscal year end
- Manage relationships with our financial service providers (e.g., banks, accountants, tax advisors).
- Monitor opportunities in industry (e.g., loans, grants)
- Facilitate the preparation of monthly corporate metrics
- Lead contract administration: review current processes and improve where necessary, ensure all parts of process are up to date (e.g., contract log)
- Lead the contract negotiations with subcontractors, including contract terms and insurance needs
- Ensure the Company’s needs for liability and other insurance are met and policies are in place that protect the Company
- Manage all operations of office facilities, equipment, and fleet vehicles, including lease renewal, expense approvals, and inventory
- Manage all operations of IT systems (hardware & software), including monitoring emerging technology, renewal of software, and implementation of new technologies.
- Manage some internal human resources processes such as annual compensation adjustments and contribute to policy updates and internal programs (e.g., events, 121 process)
Who we are looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, Master’s degree, or MBA an asset
- A CPA designated professional (CA background preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in corporate finance function with a focus on professional services businesses (engineering firm experience preferred)
- Must reside in the Greater Vancouver Area; able to come into our North Vancouver office a minimum of 2 days a week
- Solid understanding of financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, fiscal year end processes, and contract administration.
- Working knowledge of managing insurance, facilities, IT, and Human Resource processes.
- Detailed orientated, ensuring quality in financial reporting and thorough coordination with departments
- Demonstrated judgment, able to weigh alternative actions and make economic decisions that incorporate opinions, facts, tangible and/or intangible factors.
- Ability to “zoom in and zoom out” – from detailed reports to high level strategy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally
- Make a difference – Opportunity to make changes and develop systems in a growing company
- Grow with us – Take on new responsibilities as a member of our leadership team
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Work with a friendly, respectful team that listens deeply and trusts each others’ expertise – our culture is recognized as a Best Place to Work for Inclusion and Wellness.
- Contribute to our Share 1% program through organizing initiatives and attending events
- Work in a flexible and hybrid work environment; 2 days in the office and 3 days from home
Maven Consulting is an engineering and construction consultancy delivering services across Western North America. Based in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Maven has been recognized as the fastest growing professional services company in Western Canada and as Best Place to Work in British Columbia.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We have a professional, friendly, and open team committed to our values: serving clients, producing quality work, proactive communication, committed to safety, and sharing our success.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. We are proud to donate 1% of our annual revenue to local community groups.
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.