LOCATION: Remote or Hybrid in North Vancouver office
As an infrastructure consultancy acting as owner’s representatives for utility and municipal clients, Maven delivers projects and services that will serve the communities where we live, work and play. And it starts with our people – motived to do our best work and make an impact.
We are looking for a Document Controller who has experience with low complexity to full project scope projects in the power industry, and most importantly aligns with our team core values (Safety, Wellbeing, Respect, Quality, Collaborate, Growth Mindset). This position is based either remotely or from our North Vancouver office and is responsible for maintain project information integrity.
Why join Maven:
- Grow with us – Take on new projects and learn with our experienced team
- Work on interesting projects
- Be supported through training, team meetings, peer coaching, and townhalls
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program
- Work in a professional, friendly, and respectful culture – named as a Best Place to Work for Inclusion and Mental Health
- Work in a flexible and hybrid work environment – spend 2-3 days in our North Vancouver office or work remotely from home
- Contribute to a growth-oriented business – Maven has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional service companies in Western Canada
The core responsibilities include:
- Maintains information in accordance Policies, Practices, and Standards, including performance of routine checks
- Support project management with maintaining transmittals and submittals from external vendors
- Administers SharePoint including maintaining project pages, and managing permissions
- Provide project support including meeting notes, attend kick-off meeting to introduce Document Control process, assist with information searches, and update correspondence logs.
- Provide document control training and coaching including tips & tricks for the project team
- Organize electronical documents including completing metadata, filing, and archiving
- Perform quality assurance of documents and filing system
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum of 1 year of document control experience for capital project, preference for the power industry (Transmission or Distribution)
- A college diploma in a related field and college level information and records management courses
- Advanced skills for SharePoint, MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project), and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent working knowledge of document control best practices
- Advanced English skills, both written and verbal
- Broad understanding of project management principals and practice, and engineering projects
Maven delivers infrastructure projects for communities in Western and Northern Canada as owner’s representatives. We turn client ideas and objectives into sustainable infrastructure, delivered safely, on time and on budget with Maven’s unique expertise.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We are a mid-sized firm, with have a professional and friendly team committed to our values of safety, wellbeing, respect, quality, collaborate and growth mindset.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. Through our Share1% program we select organizations to partner with and offer volunteer opportunities for our staff.
Email your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered and only those invited to an interview will be contacted.