LOCATION: throughout BC
LEVEL: Intermediate to Senior
As an infrastructure consultancy acting as owner’s representatives for utility and municipal clients, Maven delivers projects and services that will serve the communities where we live, work and play. And it starts with our people – motived to do our best work and make an impact.
We are looking for construction inspectors who have a strong electrical background in overhead and underground electrical construction projects, and most importantly algins with our team core values (Safety, Wellbeing, Respect, Quality, Collaborate, Growth Mindset). This position is based throughout BC and is responsible for a portfolio of distribution projects owned by our Power Utility client. There are a number of on-going capital and maintenance projects of varying size.
Why Join Maven:
- Grow with us – Take on new projects and share your experience with our team
- Work on interesting projects – from infrastructure upgrades to maintenance
- Be supported through training, team meetings, peer coaching, and townhalls
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program
- Work in a professional, friendly, and respectful culture – named as a Best Place to Work for Inclusion and Mental Health
- Work in a flexible and hybrid work environment – spend 2-3 days in our North Vancouver office or work remotely from home
- Contribute to a growth-oriented business – Maven has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional service companies in Western Canada
The core responsibilities include:
- Electrical Field Reviews for project work (generally during construction)
- As Professional of Record (POR) representative attend pre-construction meeting to discuss Field Review plan with construction resources
- Complete Electrical Field Review Reports in timely matter
- Review photographs, test reports, and as-constructed drawings submitted by constructor during post-construction
- Electrical Quality Assurance Inspection for program work (on completed work or existing assets)
- Complete inspection of existing electrical infrastructure during project planning or design to document existing installation details/condition
- Complete Quality Assurance Inspection reports of Overhead and Underground distribution electrical program work via the Client’s QA Mobile Inspection app for conformance to the design documents and Client standards, within 30 days of construction completion unless otherwise agreed by Client’s Representative. Reports may typically include Inspection Results, Photos, marked up drawings, and reviewing completion of spatial Asset Management (SAM) records
Who we are looking for:
- Power Line Technician, or Red Seal Electrician or Design Engineer or Design Technologist with relevant distribution construction experience
- Utility Underground Cable Splicer, or High Voltage Red Seal Electrician with relevant underground and pad mounted equipment and cabling construction experience
- Able to read and interpret all types of construction drawings (including electrical and other utility drawings) and interpret the information with respect to site conditions’ impact to design/construction drawings
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and challenging terrain, climbing in and out of vaults, lift lids of underground plant, and work around heavy equipment and machinery
- Ability to work Flexible hours
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, collaborative approach to problem solving, good planning and organizing multiple tasks to gain efficiency
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, work well in team environment to address issues
- Prior to commencement of work, successful completion of Client’s Power System Safety Protection (PSSP) Category 2 & 3, Distribution Component Training (DBC)
- Prior to commencement of Services, complete confined space awareness training
- Prior to entering vaults or other confined spaces, complete training, and certification in confined space entry
- Knowledge of BC Hydro Distribution Standards is an asset
- Electrical Utility experience is an asset
- Knowledge of WorkSafeBC requirements and Client’s Safety Practice Regulations is an asset
- Knowledge of environmental requirements is an asset
Maven delivers infrastructure projects for communities in Western and Northern Canada as owner’s representatives. We turn client ideas and objectives into sustainable infrastructure, delivered safely, on time and on budget with Maven’s unique expertise.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We are a mid-sized firm, with have a professional and friendly team committed to our values of safety, wellbeing, respect, quality, collaborate and growth mindset.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. Through our Share1% program we select organizations to partner with and offer volunteer opportunities for our staff.
Email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered and only those invited to an interview will be contacted.