LOCATION: North Vancouver Office
SALARY RANGE: $65-80K
As an infrastructure consultancy acting as owner’s representatives for utility and municipal clients, Maven delivers projects and services that will serve the communities where we live, work and play. And it starts with our people – motived to do our best work and make an impact.
We are looking for a human resource professional who has a passion for building and maintaining internal programs, from peer coaching programs to compensation benchmarking, and most importantly algins with our team core values (Safety, Wellbeing, Respect, Quality, Collaborate, Growth Mindset). This position is hybrid with our office based in North Vancouver and is responsible ensuring the compliance and effectiveness of fundamental HR Programs.
Why Join Maven:
- Grow with us – Build new processes and support our experienced team.
- Be supported through training, team meetings, peer coaching, and townhalls.
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits.
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program.
- Work in a professional, friendly, and respectful culture – named as a Best Place to Work for Inclusion and Mental Health
- Work in a flexible and hybrid work environment – spend 2-3 days in our North Vancouver office.
- Contribute to a growth-oriented business – Maven has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional service companies in Western Canada
This work requires collaboration with the managers and corporate staff, and reports to our Director of Operations. The core responsibilities include:
- Manage and improve upon our existing HR programs including onboarding, 3-month review, 1-2-1 peer coaching, recognition program, performance improvement plans, and offboarding.
- Plan, implement and manage new programs to Maven.
- Analyze compensation benchmarking and recommend salary bands, coordinate the annual compensation review process, and bonus program, and review benefits usage.
- Assist in defined HR KPIs, develop tools to track, measure and report on
- Lead communication with benefits and grants providers
- Coordinate ongoing staff events including online Friday socials.
- Ensure HR files are organized and updated regularly.
- Support the Director of Operations with KPI Review, staff performance management, and recruitment as needed.
Who we are looking for:
- Post secondary education, with education in Human Resource is preferred.
- CPHR designation is an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a related role
- Strong planning and implementation skills – can put together a plan that considers all roles at Maven and implement so it is easily adopted.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – work with all levels of our organization, including senior leadership.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills – keep our documentation organized and work together to track KPIs.
- Ability to progress work independently, collaborating with team members along the way.
Maven delivers infrastructure projects for communities in Western and Northern Canada as owner’s representatives. We turn client ideas and objectives into sustainable infrastructure, delivered safely, on time and on budget with Maven’s unique expertise.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We are a mid-sized firm, with have a professional and friendly team committed to our values of safety, wellbeing, respect, quality, collaborate and growth mindset.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. Through our Share1% program we select organizations to partner with and offer volunteer opportunities for our staff.
Email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered and only those invited to an interview will be contacted.