Junior Project Manager –New Grads and Early Career Professionals
LOCATION: North Vancouver
COMPANY NAME: Maven Consulting Limited
REPORTS TO: Senior Project Manager(s)
As a professional engineering and construction management consultancy, we strive to help our clients provide the world with energy, power infrastructure, and advance future generations. And it starts with our people – motivated and committed to making a difference.
We are looking for new graduates or individuals early in their career to join us as a full-time junior project manager. We are looking for individuals who are excellent communicators and organizers, have a passion for utilities and power, and align with our team’s values (Serve, Quality, Consult, Safety, Share).
- Grow with us – Learn from and be mentored by our experienced team
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Work on interesting projects – From geothermal energy to transmission line projects.
- As a full-time employee be supported with getting your P.Eng. and PMP.
- Attend staff events, such as our Townhalls, Snack&Shares, and PM training
- Contribute to our Share 1% program through organizing initiatives and attending events
- Work in a flexible and hybrid work environment; 2 days in the office and 3 days from home
This role supports Senior Project Managers with capital projects of varying size ($10k-2M) and diversity (power equipment, utilities, public use facilities). You will work with a multidisciplinary team to accomplish project objectives from detailed design to construction.
- Prepare project documentation including project charters, budget, schedules, reports and more
- Perform basic project data analysis and processing (costing, estimating, resourcing, scheduling)
- Prepare status updates, and at completion, finalize all financial transactions and completion reports
- Coordinate team members and support staff including engineering, procurement, environmental, properties, schedulers, and estimators, among others
- Support the procurement of design, supply, and installation contractors
- Follow an established project delivery process
- Attend project meetings and record meeting notes
- Participate in site assessments both during planning and during construction as needed
- Participate in resourcing through a formal bidding and award process as needed
Who we are looking for:
- New graduates or early career professionals (less then 5 years experience) with a bachelor’s degree in engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.)
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills in English
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in project management, engineering, construction, or similar environment is an asset, with experience in the power industry preferred
- Experience with engineering design in electrical, mechanical, or civil disciplines is considered an asset
- Understanding of project management roles and processes
- Valid Driver’s License.
- May require ability to work outside in all weather conditions and access construction locations
- Resides in the Greater Vancouver Area
How to apply:
Application package should include:
- Cover Letter – Include an answer to “Why are you interested in project management?” and/or “Why did you select to be a project manager?”
- Transcripts (unofficial) if 3 years or less out of school.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.