As a professional infrastructure engineering and construction management consultancy, we strive to help our clients provide the world with energy, utility infrastructure, and advance future generations. And it starts with our people – motivated and committed to making a difference.
We are looking for students to join us as Junior Project Coordinator either as a co-op student or internship. We are looking for individuals who are excellent communicators and organizers who have a passion for utilities and power, and who align with our team values (Service, Quality, Consult, Safety, Share). This position is based in North Vancouver and will support Senior Project Managers with capital projects of varying size ($100k-2M) and diversity (power equipment, utilities, public use facilities, roads). You will work with a multidisciplinary team to accomplish project objectives from detailed design to construction.
- Grow with us – Take on new projects and learn with our experienced team
- Work on interesting projects – From water facility upgrades to transmission line projects
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Be supported through training, team meetings, 121 meetings, and townhalls
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program – we donate 1% of our annual revenue into local community groups
- Work in a professional, friendly, and respectful culture – named as a Best Place to Work for Inclusion and Mental Health
- Contribute to a growth-oriented business – Maven has been recognized as the fastest growing professional services company in western Canada in 2019, 2020 and 2021
- A hybrid working model
- Prepare project documentation including project charters, budget, schedules, meeting notes and more
- Perform basic project data analysis and processing (costing, estimating, resourcing, scheduling)
- Prepare status updates, and at completion, finalize all financial transactions and completion reports
- Coordinate team members and support staff including engineering, procurement, environmental, properties, schedulers, and estimators, among others.
- Support the procurement of design, supply, and installation contractors
- Follow an established project delivery process
- Attend project meetings
- Participate in site assessments both during planning and during construction as needed
- Participate in resourcing through a formal bidding and award process as needed
- 3rd or 4th year students or early career professionals with a bachelor’s degree in engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.) or business
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills in English
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in project management, engineering, construction, or similar environment is an asset, with experience in the power industry preferred
- Understanding of project management roles and processes
- Valid Driver’s License.
- May require ability to work outside in all weather conditions and access construction locations
How to apply:
Application package should include:
- Cover Letter – Indicate what type of employment you are interested in (e.g., 4/8/12-month Co-op, Full-time Jr PC) include an answer to “What is your favourite project management tool and why?”
- Transcripts (unofficial)
Send your application package to [email protected] by September 30th, 2023.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.