About the Job
LOCATION: Metro Vancouver, BC
REPORTS TO: Director of Project Delivery
Ready for your next challenge? We are growing our procurement team and want meet procurement analysts with construction experience.
The core responsibility of this role is to support our Procurement Managers and provide coordination for selection of services including conducting RFx processes. We are looking for someone who is motivated to maximize value on behalf of our clients through establish pricing agreements and contracts, and aligns with our teams values (Serve, Quality, Consult, Safety, Share).
We are currently meeting professionals who could fill this role for future project work. We encourage you to apply to introduce yourself or just to learn more about Maven. We are open to individuals looking for part-time, full-time or contract work. Looking forward to meeting you!
- Responsible for supporting the full range of procurement processes in project environment and leading processes of low complexity.
- Responsible for ensuring procurement and related policies are followed
- Work with Procurement Managers and stakeholders to understand requirements, compile specifications, facilitate vendor selection and negotiate agreements on behalf of the company
- Utilize tools and processes such as RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs
- Support the development, implementation and management of contracts and service level agreements for the procurement of goods, services and leases
- Develops and fosters successful, long-term business relationships with key suppliers
- Reports contract competition, cost savings, and other metrics
- Identifies opportunities for operational and procurement process improvement
- Issue Contracts, Letters of Intent, Purchase Orders, and other appropriate legal paperwork.
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum of three years’ procurement experience working on construction projects
- Experience within the power utilities, Mining, Oil & Gas, or heavy industry would be beneficial
- Knowledge practices in procurement and strategic sourcing
- Excellent knowledge of end-to-end supply management processes including competitive bidding, contract management, supplier performance management, and life-cycle costing processes
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, communication, conflict resolution and stakeholder relationship management skills to engage others, build consensus and resolve issues
- Able to manage high volume of work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Proficient computer skills with advanced skills on MS Office applications including Excel
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Grow with us – Take on new role and learn with our experienced team
- Work on interesting projects – From solar energy to transmission line projects.
- Be supported through training, team meetings, 121 meetings, and townhalls
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program
About Maven Consulting Limited
Maven Consulting is an engineering consultancy delivering utility engineering and construction services across Western North America. Based in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Maven has been recognized as the fastest growing profession services company in western Canada in 2019 and 2020, and as a Great Place to Work in 2020.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We have a professional, friendly, and open team committed to our values: serving the client, producing quality work, proactive communication and a commitment to safety.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. We are proud to donate 1% of our annual revenue into local community groups.
How to apply:
Either click the button below and fill out the form OR Email your CV and covering letter to [email protected] to find out more.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.