LOCATION: North Vancouver, BC (hybrid)
As an infrastructure consultancy acting as owner’s representatives for utility and municipal clients, Maven delivers projects and services that will serve the communities where we live, work and play. And it starts with our people – motived to do our best work and make an impact.
We are looking for a project administrator who can assist in the assembly and preparation of transmittals, and most importantly aligns with our team core values (Safety, Wellbeing, Respect, Quality, Collaborate, Growth Mindset). This position is based in our head office in North Vancouver and is responsible for can perform a variety or routine typing or word processing and clerical duties in preparation of documents such as reports, memos, letters, and other correspondence.
Why Join Maven:
- Grow with us – Take on new projects and learn with our experienced team
- Work on interesting projects – from system upgrades to infrastructure capital projects
- Be supported through training, team meetings, peer coaching, and townhalls
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program
- Work in a professional, friendly, and respectful culture – named as a Best Place to Work for Inclusion and Mental Health
- Work in a flexible and hybrid work environment – spend 2-3 days in our North Vancouver office
- Contribute to a growth-oriented business – Maven has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional service companies in Western Canada
This work requires collaboration with the project teams and reports to our Senior Project Manager. The core responsibilities include:
- Perform a variety of typing and word processing and clerical duties in preparation of documents such as reports, memos, letters, and other correspondence
- Participate in project meetings to record and distribute minutes
- Assist in the assembly and preparation of transmittals (e.g., drawing packages) and in the management of contractor submittals
- Assist in the tracking of project budgets and schedules, continuously updating project calendars
- Provide other project administration support such as project initiation tasks, archiving procedures, travel arrangements
Who we are looking for:
- High School graduation
- Certificate, diploma or degree in business administration or equivalent, would be an asset
- Minimum 10 years’ related work experience
- Experience working with SAP, would be an asset
- Advanced typing skills
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Maven delivers infrastructure projects for communities in Western and Northern Canada as owner’s representatives. We turn client ideas and objectives into sustainable infrastructure, delivered safely, on time and on budget with Maven’s unique expertise.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We are a mid-sized firm, with have a professional and friendly team committed to our values of safety, wellbeing, respect, quality, collaborate and growth mindset.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. Through our Share1% program we select organizations to partner with and offer volunteer opportunities for our staff.
Email your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered and only those invited to an interview will be contacted.