PROJECT MANAGER, Municipal Projects
LEVEL: Intermediate to Senior
As a professional engineering and construction management consultancy, we strive to help our clients provide the world with energy, power infrastructure, and advance future generations. And it starts with our people – motivated and committed to making a difference.
We are looking for a project manager in the lower mainland to work out of Burnaby, BC. This position is responsible for supporting capital projects for a municipal client.
We are looking for a professional who has a strong civil background with utilities, transportation, and municipal infrastructure experience, and most importantly aligns with our team values (Service, Quality, Consult, Safety, Share).
Did we describe you? We would love to have you join.
This work requires collaboration with a project team and is overseen by our Director of Project Delivery. The projects will cover a range of disciplines (civil, mechanical, electrical, environmental, geotechnical, and structural) and infrastructure (utilities, roads, pumpstations, SCADA and other types of networking, dike and retaining walls, and buildings and other structures).
The core responsibilities include:
- Coordination of any documents, drawings, or inquiries to the project team, with follow up to team members as required.
- Attend meetings and produce meeting minutes with action items that are to be circulated to the team.
- Track overall project schedule as to when design and construction activities will occur, and identify any deviations in the schedule.
- Create, manage, and maintain templates that help log and/or track submissions, as well as any tasks that are required to be completed by staff to ensure items are reviewed in a timely manner.
- Provide communication of project and/or engineering work assignment status (scope, schedule, budget) to stakeholders (daily, weekly, monthly reporting)
- Other work may include 3rd party utility coordinator, contract management and procurement.
Who we are looking for:
- You will have the following credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as engineering, business, or economics
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification would be an asset
- 5+ years of experience working on municipal or civil projects
- 5+ years of experience working in project management
- Proven ability to lead projects and work independently
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Safety and Environmental Standards
- Excellent communication, facilitation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills in English
- Good knowledge of finance and procurement sufficient to provide technical coordination and input
- Excellent use of MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools such as MS PowerPoint, MS Project
- Grow with us – Take on new projects and learn with our experienced team
- Work on interesting projects – From solar energy to transmission line projects
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Be supported through training, team meetings, 121 meetings, and townhalls
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program
Maven Consulting is an engineering consultancy delivering utility engineering and construction services across Western North America. Based in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Maven has been recognized as the fastest growing profession services company in western Canada in 2019 and 2020, and as a Great Place to Work in 2020.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We have a professional, friendly, and open team committed to our values: serving the client, producing quality work, proactive communication and a commitment to safety.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. We are proud to donate 1% of our annual revenue into local community groups.
How to apply:
Either click “Apply” below and fill out the form OR Email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.