About the Job
LOCATION: Lower Mainland, Vancouver, BC
LEVEL: Intermediate to Senior
COMPANY NAME: Maven Consulting Limited
REPORTS TO: Director of Project Delivery
Our award-winning growth created a need for a new role, Safety Consultant Lead. This role is responsible for leading our Safety Consulting area of practice and growing team.
We are looking for an experienced safety professional who can perform as an expert construction safety consultant and has an interest and ability to manage other safety consultants, as well as support business development. You are someone who likes new challenges and is excited about leading projects and being part of a team building a practice area. You can effectively communicate the value of your work and can also dive into the details to execute projects. You are an individual who collaborates with teams as well as drives work forward independently.
We envision this role starting as part-time where you are directly responsible for scaling your work. We would love this to become a full-time role and even better, a team that you manage.
Sound exciting? Did we describe you? We would love to have you join.
There are three core responsibilities: Discipline Lead, Project Work, and support of Business Development. You will work with a variety of Maven team members including our Director of Project Delivery, CEO, and Business Development Team.
Discipline Lead (20%):
- Serve as the primary contact relating to safety advisory projects for all Maven staff
- Be the client contact and project manager for safety advisor projects requiring attendance at client meetings and tracking project progress. Projects will be in various locations throughout western Canada and with various infrastructure clients
- Responsible for regular reporting to management (e.g. contracts completed, budget, etc.)
- Ensures all client needs are met and quality work is produced
- Identifies opportunities for operational and process improvement
Project Work (70%):
- Provide expert guidance to ensure a safe work environment for workers and the public
- Support safety pre-construction activities including developing safety requirements, safety strategies and safety plans for project work
- Review engineering drawings and other specifications in relation to site safety. Identify problems, discuss with team members and recommend alternatives
- Support development of hazard-specific training programs
- Provide input to site safety coordinator to ensure all regulations, acts, and requirement are met
- Review contractor safety programs, plans, practices and procedures
- Conduct safety investigation of worksites to report on compliance with plans and regulations
Business Development Support (10%):
- Manages strategic plans for growth and operations of Safety Projects
- Scouts for opportunities (e.g. RFPs) and assembles proposals for submission
- Develops and fosters successful, long-term business relationship with clients and prospects
Who we are looking for:
- You will have the following credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree (various) OR a diploma/certification in OHS from recognized institute of technology
- CRSP or CSO designation
- A MBA, PMP, or other business credentials would be an asset
- Has 10+ years of experience in OHS. Preference for experience in the power, renewables, and water industries
- Strong knowledge of safety issues related to construction and maintenance of utility projects (e.g. substation, transmission lines, and hydroelectric facilities).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Working knowledge of project planning, management principles and practices.
- Familiar with business development processes, submitting & preparing RFPS, and has strong relationships in the infrastructure industry
- An interest in management of a team – experience is an asset
- Nice to have knowledge of related standards: BC Hydro’s Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Standards, Safety Practice Regulations (SPR), Power System Safety Protection (PSSP) regulations.
- Flexibility – Work remotely from home or join us in our North Vancouver office
- Grow with us – Take on new responsibilities and learn from our experienced team
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program
- Work on Interesting projects – From solar energy to transmission line projects.
How to apply:
Either click the button below and fill out the form OR Email your CV and covering letter to [email protected] to find out more.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.
Education: Secondary School (Required)