LOCATION: North Vancouver, BC
SALARY RANGE: $100K-$130K
As an infrastructure consultancy acting as owner’s representatives for utility and municipal clients, Maven delivers projects and services that will serve the communities where we live, work and play. And it starts with our people – motived to do our best work and make an impact.
We are looking for a Senior Safety Professional who can provide safety management and technical support for electrical power projects, and most importantly aligns with our team core values (Safety, Wellbeing, Respect, Quality, Collaborate, Growth Mindset). This position is based in British Columbia and is responsible for representing safety as an owner’s representative in a portfolio of transmission and distribution projects.
Why Join Maven:
- Grow with us –Take on new projects and share your experience with our team
- Work on interesting projects – From system upgrades to infrastructure capital projects
- Be supported through training, team meetings, peer coaching, and townhalls
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program
- Work in a professional, friendly, and respectful culture – named as a Best Place to Work for Inclusion and Mental Health
- Work in a flexible and hybrid work environment – Work remotely from home and join us in our North Vancouver office for project work as needed
- Contribute to a growth-oriented business – Maven has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional service companies in Western Canada
- Perform all activities of Owner’s responsibilities as specified in the Workers Compensation Act (WCA) and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (OHSR) in a duly diligent manner including appropriately assigning resource and monitoring work
- Perform Safety Management Services in all phases of a project including planning and implementation.
- Establish policies and procedures designed to promote worker health and safety as well as ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Responsible for ensuring that workers understand safe work procedures and are competent to safely carry out their assigned duties
- Evaluate site processes and equipment to determine controls needed to keep workers safe
- Complete incident investigations and use statistical information to identify injury trends and to implement programs to improve accident statistics
- Act as agent of the Owner for the purposes of contractor safety management
Who we are looking for:
- A Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), Certified Health and Safety Consultant (CHSC) or Canadia Registered Safety Technician (CRST) certification, preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in safety, health, or another related field or minimum 10 years of management or supervisory experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the policies and procedures governing health and safety in the construction industry
- Strong knowledge of safety issues related to construction and maintenance of electric utility projects (e.g. substation, transmission & distribution lines, and facilities).
- Experience as a consultant is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of WorkSafe BC (WSBC) regulations and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) regulations
- Excellent MS Office (Word, Excel, and SharePoint) and Adobe Acrobat skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
Maven delivers infrastructure projects for communities in Western and Northern Canada as owner’s representatives. We turn client ideas and objectives into sustainable infrastructure, delivered safely, on time and on budget with Maven’s unique expertise.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We are a mid-sized firm, with have a professional and friendly team committed to our values of safety, wellbeing, respect, quality, collaborate and growth mindset.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. Through our Share1% program we select organizations to partner with and offer volunteer opportunities for our staff.
Email your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered and only those invited to an interview will be contacted.