Maven Consulting is a professional consultancy delivering infrastructure engineering and construction services across Western North America. Maven was launched in February 2013, with our two founders in a one-room office downtown Vancouver providing project management services to utilities clients. Since then, our company has grown to meet our client needs, expanding our services to include engineering, quality inspections, safety consulting and more. The Maven principals, with nearly two decades of experience operating companies in the power industry, have created a company focused on strong client relationships and quality work.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Hearing “we trust Maven” from our clients is the greatest compliment; this trust is built through our experience, passion to deliver practical and quality results, and our professional communication style.
To build healthy foundations for generations.
To be recognized as the industry leader for infrastructure project delivery in the markets we serve.
As a mid-size firm with a dedication to efficiency, we’re able to produce big business results without the big firm price tag. Our hard-working and motivated team delivers end-to-end results on budget and to industry standard. We pride ourselves on getting things done in a safe and cost-effective manner, while adding value at every step. Working with Maven means having access to the depth and breadth of expertise required to tackle your largest jobs and working with a team willing to go the extra mile to achieve a more reliable result.
Maven Consulting has been a proudly certified leader in quality management under EGBC’s Organizational Quality Management Program from 2016-2021 when EGBC ended the program. Maven continues to be an industry leader in quality management with our well-established internal Quality Management Program. This results in our clients reducing project risks and benefiting from knowing the quality of our deliverables is in accordance with industry best practice.
Maven is committed to completing every project in a safe and sustainable manner, eliminating all worker injury. We believe that every employee is entitled to a safe and respectful work environment. Our team is important to us and we know it is our responsibility to protect them and any other individual on our site.
Here at Maven Consulting, all of our employees are trained to identify and correct unsafe conditions on the job in order to provide a non-hazardous work environment, both in our office and out on the job site. We recognize that accidents are uncommon events and are usually preventable. Therefore, accident prevention is a responsibility we share at every level of the company.
Maven strictly complies with the safety best practices laid out by Worker’s Compensation and EGBC, APEGA, APEGS, as well as the local safety statutes and regulations where we operate.
Maven takes a strategic and thorough approach to workplace safety and are committed to reducing the human and financial costs associated with workplace injuries.
Maven is committed to promoting the best practice in environmental performance both on the projects that we are engaged in and throughout our own daily business. We believe that environmental awareness and using good environmental procedures are important. This is why we’ve introduced relevant processes and monitoring at all levels of our business. From partnering with the reputable Climate Smart business program to encouraging environmental processes on client projects, we know our actions can make a difference in a positive but practical way.
We’re focused on delivering robust solutions to our clients in a sustainable manner and are committed to minimizing the environmental impacts of our operations wherever we can. Our philosophy is that no job is so urgent that it cannot be done in an environmentally safe and friendly manner. Our environmental goals include:
- Measure our carbon emissions annually and take actions to reduce our energy use; this includes minimizing travel as much as possible, and offsetting what we can’t avoid to achieve our goal of being a carbon-neutral business
- Continuously improve our environmental performance in the areas of waste, transportation, energy efficiency and local community engagement
- Reduce our consumption of materials and other resources, reuse what we can, and recycle those materials that are beyond their useful life
- Give consideration to environmental issues and energy performance in the procurement, design, refurbishment and management in the buildings we lease
- Continue to engrain environmental performance as a key component of our procurement strategy, and engage our suppliers about their own environmental performance
- Set and monitor key objectives and targets for managing our environmental performance annually using the Climate Smart program
- Communicate our environmental policy and performance to employees and clients
- Communicate the importance of environmental issues as they relate to the ﬁrm and to our people
- Promote consideration of sustainability and environmental issues in the services we provide to our clients