Experienced. Reliable. Efficient.
Maven Consulting is a professional engineering consultancy delivering utility engineering and construction services across Western North America. The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” We have a long and successful history of providing solutions to utilities and municipalities including SaskPower, BC Hydro, Northwest Territories Power Corp, Yukon Energy, EPCOR, City of Vancouver, City of Richmond, Yukon Government, among others.
Maven was launched in February 2013, capitalizing on the founders’ utility engineering and business operations experience. Our principals have operated engineering consulting and project delivery companies servicing the power industry for nearly two decades. Some of Maven’s subject matter experts have over 35 years of experience working for electrical utilities throughout North America. Our core purpose is to build healthy foundations for generations. We believe this will result in benefits for both our client’s businesses and local communities.
As a mid-size firm with a dedication to efficiency, we’re able to produce big business results without the big firm price tag. Our hard-working and motivated team delivers end-to-end results on budget and to industry standard. We pride ourselves on getting things done in a safe and cost-effective manner, while adding value at every step. Working with Maven means having access to the depth and breadth of expertise required to tackle your largest jobs and working with a team willing to go the extra mile to achieve a more reliable result.
Maven Consulting is an EGBC Organizational Quality Management certified company. All of our projects follow our audited OQM process. This results in our clients benefiting from knowing the quality of our deliverables is in accordance with industry best practice reducing project risks.
Maven is committed to completing every project in a safe and sustainable manner, eliminating all worker injury. We believe that every employee is entitled to a safe and respectful work environment. Our team is important to us and we know it is our responsibility to protect them and any other individual on our site.
Here at Maven Consulting, all of our employees are trained to identify and correct unsafe conditions on the job in order to provide a non-hazardous work environment, both in our office and out on the job site. We recognize that accidents are uncommon events and are usually preventable. Therefore, accident prevention is a responsibility we share at every level of the company.
Maven strictly complies with the safety best practices laid out by Worker’s Compensation and EGBC, APEGA, APEGS, as well as the local safety statutes and regulations where we operate.
Maven’s achievement in COR is evidence that we are taking a strategic approach to workplace safety and are committed to reducing the human and financial costs associated with workplace injuries. COR, Certificate of Recognition, is a program that recognizes companies who develop and implement a health and safety management system that meets national standards.
Maven is committed to promoting the best practice in environmental performance both on the projects that we are engaged in and throughout our own daily business. We believe that environmental awareness and using good environmental procedures are important. This is why we’ve introduced relevant processes and monitoring at all levels of our business. From partnering with the reputable Climate Smart business program to encouraging environmental processes on client projects, we know our actions can make a difference in a positive but practical way.
We’re focused on delivering robust solutions to our clients in a sustainable manner and are committed to minimizing the environmental impacts of our operations wherever we can. Our philosophy is that no job is so urgent that it cannot be done in an environmentally safe and friendly manner. Our environmental goals include:
- Measure our carbon emissions annually and take actions to reduce our energy use; this includes minimizing travel as much as possible, and offsetting what we can’t avoid to achieve our goal of being a carbon-neutral business
- Continuously improve our environmental performance in the areas of waste, transportation, energy efficiency and local community engagement
- Reduce our consumption of materials and other resources, reuse what we can, and recycle those materials that are beyond their useful life
- Give consideration to environmental issues and energy performance in the procurement, design, refurbishment and management in the buildings we lease
- Continue to engrain environmental performance as a key component of our procurement strategy, and engage our suppliers about their own environmental performance
- Set and monitor key objectives and targets for managing our environmental performance annually using the Climate Smart program
- Communicate our environmental policy and performance to employees and clients
- Communicate the importance of environmental issues as they relate to the ﬁrm and to our people
- Promote consideration of sustainability and environmental issues in the services we provide to our clients