High-Powered Project Management
Maven Consulting provides professional project delivery services to the electricity generation, transmission, and distribution industries. It’s our primary focus to help our clients achieve their project objectives, by completing project scope within budget and on schedule.
Maven has successfully delivered a diverse portfolio of projects, with budgets ranging from $10,000 to $40,000,000. Our organization leverages its Project Management Methodology (PMM), based on the methods and tools of the internationally recognized Project Management Institute (PMI). The Maven PMM blends the PMI project management body of knowledge (PMBOK) with industry-specific experience, policies, and processes. The Maven PMM is both scalable and designed to be applied to capital design and construction projects, as well as asset management and safety initiatives.
Maven aims to leverage both our project management process expertise as well as our knowledge of the power and electric utility industry. We build our team with expertise to provide our customers with the quality, professional services they expect from the Maven group. Our PMs will manage all aspects of a project from the requirements stage to financial closeout including: scope, schedule, cost, risk, quality, resources, communication, stakeholder, procurement and integration.
Our customizable PMM can provide a complete PM package or support our customers’ existing processes and add value to fill gaps in their own processes. With this scalable approach, we are able to deliver project management services in a cost-effective manner while maintaining industry-leading professional quality that board members and stakeholders expect.
Maven’s project managers undergo extensive training to ensure they can identify where they can be most effective deliver the best possible results for our clients. Maven’s PMO leverages processes, templates, and tools developed over decades of experience to guide its project managers and projects to reduce overall project risk.
The responsibilities of our project managers can include:
- Assist in the development of business cases
- Develop project charters and project management plans
- Implement project plans and direct project execution
- Secure financial approvals at each project stage
- Advise on regulatory requirements and standard permitting timelines
- Liaise with external stakeholders, agencies, and landowners
- Define and document stakeholder and project requirements
- Secure required project personnel for technical and supporting disciplines
- Develop and document project scope statements and work breakdown structures, to meet strategic objectives
- Develop milestone targets, project schedules and resourcing plans, based on industry knowledge and experience
- Develop or assist in the development of project budgets and cost controls, based on industry knowledge and experience
- Advise on project interdependencies and potential synergies
- Define quality metrics and acceptance criteria for project deliverables
- Develop and implement risk registers, risk response plans and risk contingency plans
- Develop procurement strategies and conduct procurements, including public competitive processes
- Define requirements and develop construction management plans
- Provide input to engineering and manage the design process
- Provide document management, using cloud-based file management solutions