An integral part of Maven’s services is our Safety Management System (SMS). Our Safety Management System augments our other project delivery programs to achieve a high level of performance out of our customers project portfolio and asset base while managing risk at an acceptable cost.
Maven is a COR (Certificate of Recognition) certified company. COR certification is the recognized benchmark of safety management in the Canadian industry. This means that Maven continually strives to maintain a high standard of safety in its day-to-day operations which will lower risks, incidents, and related costs in the field and back office operations.
Maven’s comprehensive Safety Management methodology is based on ensuring the planned scope of work and activities on the project are clearly aligned with known and anticipated risks so that controls and other measures may be effectively communicated.
By actively promoting continual communication with all parties throughout a project, Maven ensures that the owner, prime contractor, and sub-contractors conduct their business in compliance with current provincial legislation, WorkSafe’s Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (OHSR), OSHA Occupational Safety and Health Association standards for Fall Protection, Qualified Person and Competent Person, COOHS Canadian Centre for Occupational Health & Safety MSDS/Chemical Database regulations, Ergonomic standards and best practices and Hoisting and Rigging standards.
We work diligently with our client’s plan and achieve the goal of zero downgrading incidents. Our current Safety Consulting capabilities include:
- Preparation of project specific construction Safety Minimum Requirements (SMRs)
- Review of contractor proposed work methods and Safety Management Plans (SMPs)
- Construction Safety Officer services
- OHS services, Injury Management, Safety Management Audits
- Timely incident analysis, claims management, and maintenance of records
- Industrial Hygienist services. Assessment and Sampling
- Develop and manage an Occupational Safety and Health Management System
- Subject matter expert on WorkSafeBC regulations, compliance, and worksite safety
- Research, analyse, and develop issue-specific safety programs
- Liaison between Corporate Safety and Field Services Business Units
- Develop and facilitate safety training for employees and contractors which are up-to-date and meet compliance requirements
- Corporate Safety policy development
- Asset safety risk assessment
- Health and Safety data analysis and mapping