About the Job
LOCATION: Lower mainland or Remote
LEVEL: Intermediate to Senior
COMPANY NAME: Maven Consulting Limited
As a professional engineering and construction management consultancy, we strive to help our clients provide the world with energy, power infrastructure, and advance future generations. And it starts with our people – motivated and committed to making a difference.
We are always looking for experience project managers with domain expertise in utilities to join our team.
Our project managers are responsible for supporting capital and non-capital projects for an electric utility (hydro, thermal, solar, battery, wind) corporation. We look for professionals who know how to apply Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices, has experience with electric utilities and crown corporations, and aligns with our team values (Serve, Quality, Consult, Safety, Share).
Sound exciting? Did we describe you? We would love to have you join. Contractors welcome.
This work requires collaboration with a project team and is overseen by our Director of Project Delivery. The core responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement, and track project progress using project planning documentation, including Project Management Plans, Charters, risk assessments/risk registry, schedule, budget, procurement plan, quality plan, responsibility chart, and communication plan
- Schedule and lead design reviews of vendor submittal drawings
- Provide communication of project and/or engineering work assignment status to stakeholders (daily, weekly, monthly reporting)
- Lead or participate in pre-construction meetings
- Coordinate response to technical questions from contractors during construction and provide engineered solutions as required
- Review Quality Control and Quality Assurance (QC/QA) documentation and/or provide on-site execution
- Review and implement commissioning plans and documentation for approval, and support project-commissioning teams as needed
- Support post-construction closeout activities as per PMI including completion and submittal of drawings, maintenance program for new assets entered into CMMS, MOC procedure executed for new equipment, lessons learned exercises held
- Support coordination of multiple projects to ensure resources availability including coordination with personnel in specific disciplines.
- Support in the development of a Project Management Office (PMO)
- Complete or contribute to safety planning documentation
Who we are looking for:
- You will have the following credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as engineering, business, or economics
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification would be an asset
- 7+ years of experience working in the power industry (Generation, Transmission or Distribution) or similar environment
- 5+ years of experience working in project management
- Proven ability to lead projects and work independently
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Safety and Environmental Standards
- Excellent communication, facilitation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills in English
- Good knowledge of finance and procurement sufficient to provide technical coordination and input
- Excellent use of MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools such as MS PowerPoint, MS Project
- Grow with us – Take on new projects and learn with our experienced team
- Work on interesting projects – From solar energy to transmission line projects
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Be supported through training, team meetings, 121 meetings, and townhalls
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program
Maven Consulting is an engineering consultancy delivering utility engineering and construction services across Western North America. Based in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Maven has been recognized as the fastest growing profession services company in western Canada in 2019 and 2020, and as a Great Place to Work in 2020.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We have a professional, friendly, and open team committed to our values: serving the client, producing quality work, proactive communication and a commitment to safety.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. We are proud to donate 1% of our annual revenue into local community groups.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.