As a professional infrastructure engineering and construction management consultancy, we strive to help our clients provide the world with water utility infrastructure, energy, and advance future generations. And it starts with our people – motivated and committed to making a difference.
We are looking for a professional who has a strong civil background with water and wastewater facilities, and municipal infrastructure experience, and most importantly aligns with our team values (Service, Quality, Consult, Safety, Share). This position is based in the Greater Vancouver area and will be responsible for supporting capital infrastructure development projects for our municipal client.
- Grow with us – Contribute to a growth-oriented business and learn from our experienced team. Maven has been recognized as the fastest growing professional services company in western Canada in 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Work on interesting projects – From water facility upgrades to transmission line construction
- Flexible Workplace – work form home or come into our office, open to part-time arrangements
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Be supported through training, team meetings, 121 meetings, and townhalls
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program – we donate 1% of our annual revenue into local community groups
- Work in a professional, friendly, and respectful culture – named as a Best Place to Work in for Inclusion and Mental Health
- Coordinate feasibility studies, design packages, constructability reviews, and construction plans.
- Create project management documents such as project charters, project management plans, schedules, cost estimates, and track progress
- Liaise with necessary external approval agencies, municipal personnel and public
- Manage procurement plan and completion of Request for Proposal/Qualification packages
- Administer construction and consulting engineering contracts
- Oversee consultant’s work and construction contractors, ensuring all standards, specifications and regulations are followed and accurate construction documentation is obtained and recorded
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as engineering, business, or economics
- Licensed professional engineer in the province of British Columbia would be an asset
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification would be an asset
- 3+ years of experience working on municipal or civil projects
- 3+ years of experience working in project management
- Proven ability to lead projects and work independently
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills in English
- Good knowledge of finance and procurement sufficient to provide technical coordination and input
- Excellent use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and working knowledge of Project Management tools such as MS Project
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.