Procurement is often the unsung hero of capital infrastructure projects. Yet in successful utilities and power organizations, strategic procurement plays a key role in the planning and execution of such projects. Indeed, in 2021, procurement must no longer be simply a cost center that performs administrative, tactical, and transactional activities. Rather, when it is leveraged strategically, procurement acts as a value adding partner and a fully integrated strategic function within the project execution team.
In this White Paper you’ll learn how to develop a procurement strategy by exploring:
- The elements of a robust procurement strategy
- Stakeholder engagement in procurement projects
- The importance of market sounding
- Preparing Solicitation Documents and Terms and Conditions Agreements
- Total Cost of Ownership oriented proposal evaluation
- Proactive contract management and record-keeping
- & More!