LOCATION: Lower Mainland British Colombia
HOURS: Part time Casual
LEVEL: Intermediate – Senior
Ready for your next challenge? We are recruiting Quality Control Inspectors for the Lower Mainland British Columbia.
The core responsibility of this role is to perform civil construction inspection services related to new construction of water and sewer infrastructure and proximal inspection of existing water and sewer facilities such as pipelines, valve chambers and pump stations and related infrastructure.
You don’t have to have inspection experience to apply. We work with domain expertise (e.g., equipment operators to civil technologists) and provide on-the job training. Instead, we look for people who share our passion for the work and align with our values – Serve, Quality, Consult, Safety, Share.
- Conducting quality assurance/quality control inspections on behalf of the client on work constructed by external contractors for large construction projects.
- Attending preconstruction meetings and other project meetings as required.
- Ensuring all work are done in accordance with both the client and Maven standards, contract documents, design drawings and any other relevant specifications.
- Monitoring the quality of work undertaken and identifying deficiencies in materials and workmanship.
- Maintaining photographic record of inspected work.
- Documenting results of the inspection, in summary form, on an Inspector’s Daily Inspection Report.
- Informing the Project Engineer/Manager of non-conformance to the contract documents.
- Rejecting materials or workmanship that is in non-conformance of the contract documents and accepting work or materials that meet the contract specifications. Create non-conformance reports for tracking purposes.
- Taking as-constructed field measurements and red-line construction prints for the purpose of record drawings.
- Maintaining an effective working relationship with client staff, the contractor and other agencies.
- Communicating all relevant inspection and project information to the Project Engineer/Manager, operations personnel, and other key project personnel.
- Abiding by the client, Maven and WorkSafeBC Regulations, and reporting unsafe activities to responsible supervisor.
- Providing supervision of contracted testing and inspecting firms for survey and soils and engineering fills, asphalt, concrete, reinforcing steel, welding, painting/coating, miscellaneous fabrication, steel pipe supply and other materials.
- Performing other related duties as required for each specific project.
- Training will be provided.
What we are looking for:
- Graduated High School
- At least 2 to 5 years’ experience in civil underground infrastructure construction. Experience inspecting civil underground infrastructure is an asset.
- Knowledge of engineering related sub-professional practices such as basic design, surveying, inspection and construction, related to public utilities
- Working knowledge and familiarity with standards, contract specifications and all materials utilized in the construction of water, sewer and liquid waste projects
- Well-developed planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed communication, facilitation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills in English.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications and computer skills to use email and write summary reports.
- Familiarity with proper safety procedures and WCB requirements related to heavy civil construction.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions on construction sites
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- A clean criminal record check.
You MAY have the following qualifications:
- Diploma or Certificate in the Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent
- Registered or eligible for registration with ASTTBC as an Applied Science Technologist, or equivalent.
- Have knowledge of construction management and coordination practices.
- Certified Public Works Inspector
- Working knowledge of relevant design codes, standards, and guidelines such as: MMCD, NBCC and CSA standards, CDA Guidelines, USACE Manuals, MOTI Utilities manual, etc.
- Grow with us – Take on new role and learn with our experienced team
- Be supported through training, team meetings, 121 meetings, and townhalls
- Receive competitive compensation
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.
About Maven Consulting Limited
Maven Consulting Limited is an engineering consultancy delivering utility engineering and construction services across Western North America. Based in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Maven has been recognized as the fastest growing professional services company in western Canada in 2019 and 2020, and as a Great Place to Work in 2020.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experience or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We have a professional. friendly, and open team committed to our values: serving the client, producing quality work, proactive communication and a commitment to safety.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. We are proud to donate 1% of our annual revenue into local community groups.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitles to work in Canada will be considered.
Reference ID: 017
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
- Construction: 2 years (preferred)
- Quality assurance: 2 years (preferred)