LOCATION: British Columbia
As an infrastructure consultancy acting as owner’s representatives for utility and municipal clients, Maven delivers projects and services that will serve the communities where we live, work and play. And it starts with our people – motived to do our best work and make an impact.
We are looking for Construction Managers to facilitate multiple projects and programs within electric power, and most importantly aligns with our team core values (Safety, Wellbeing, Respect, Quality, Collaborate, Growth Mindset). This position is based in in British Columbia and is responsible for facilitating multiple projects and programs with high complexity and diverse scope in support of completing projects safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
Why Join Maven:
- Grow with us – Take on new projects and share your experience with our team
- Work on interesting projects – system upgrades to infrastructure capital projects
- Be supported through training, team meetings, peer coaching, and townhalls
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program
- Work in a professional, friendly, and respectful culture – named as a Best Place to Work for Inclusion and Mental Health
- Work in a flexible and hybrid work environment – spend 2-3 days in our North Vancouver office
- Contribute to a growth-oriented business – Maven has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional service companies in Western Canada
- Manage the allocation of materials, financial, human resources by using excellent technical skills in construction methodologies, estimating, and contract management in support of delivering quality projects safely, within budget, and on time.
- Ensure work site safety by prioritizing the safe execution of work by performing and giving feedback on Safe Work Observations using excellent knowledge in safety standards and regulations to improve client’s safety performance.
- Develop comprehensive mitigation plans by identifying, analyzing, and monitoring risks including reputational, environmental, safety, and indigenous relations for effective risk management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Contribute to stakeholder engagement by leading the public consultation process on construction activities using expert skills in communication, principled negotiation, and persuasive influencing so that projects are planned and implemented successfully
- Respond appropriately to internal and third-party construction inquiries and escalated issues using good working knowledge of project management and client’s policies and procedures to maintain positive, collaborative relationships with stakeholders and First Nations.
- Act as a subject matter expert on committees and project teams and advising on complex technical issues
- Assist the project team by performing various construction support activities such as supporting the management of claims and facilitating cross-functional team collaboration to successfully complete projects.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, electrical, mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 15 years of construction management experience or equivalent
- Experience working with one or more of the following assets: overhead distribution lines, underground and submarine distribution cables, underground structures, substations from medium to extra high voltage, automation and Scada systems, overhead transmission lines, and underground transmission lines.
- Good working knowledge of project and contract management
- Excellent working knowledge of safety standards and regulations such as Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Standards and WorkSafe Regulations
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Maven delivers infrastructure projects for communities in Western and Northern Canada as owner’s representatives. We turn client ideas and objectives into sustainable infrastructure, delivered safely, on time and on budget with Maven’s unique expertise.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We are a mid-sized firm, with have a professional and friendly team committed to our values of safety, wellbeing, respect, quality, collaborate and growth mindset.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. Through our Share1% program we select organizations to partner with and offer volunteer opportunities for our staff.
Email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] or submit through this posting.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered and only those invited to an interview will be contacted