LOCATION: British Columbia. Open to Remote or Hybrid in North Vancouver Office
As an infrastructure consultancy acting as owner’s representatives for utility and municipal clients, Maven delivers projects and services that will serve the communities where we live, work and play. And it starts with our people – motived to do our best work and make an impact.
We are looking for project managers who have experience applying Project Management Institute (PMI) practices to transmission and distribution power projects, and most importantly aligns with our team core values (Safety, Wellbeing, Respect, Quality, Collaborate, Growth Mindset). This position is based either remotely or from our North Vancouver office and is responsible for capital projects throughout BC.
Why Join Maven:
- Grow with us – Take on new projects and share your experience with our team
- Work on interesting projects – system upgrades to capital infrastructure projects
- Be supported through training, team meetings, peer coaching, and townhalls
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program
- Work in a professional, friendly, and respectful culture – named as a Best Place to Work for Inclusion and Mental Health
- Work in a flexible and hybrid work environment – spend 2-3 days in our North Vancouver office or work remotely from home
- Contribute to a growth-oriented business – Maven has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional service companies in Western Canada
- Follow project delivery processes to ensure projects are completed in the most cost-effective manner, meeting client standards and quality requirements
- Plan and manage projects through all phases: initiation and planning, design, procurement, construction, commissioning, and closeout
- Develop plans and monitor project progress using charters and project management plans, risk assessments, schedules, budgets, cashflows, procurement plans, quality plans, and communication plans
- Manage change through-out the project; problem solve unexpected challenges and delays
- Direct the multi-disciplinary team including engineering, procurement, stakeholder engagement, environmental, safety, Indigenous relations, properties, as well as your internal project delivery team
- Manage the engineering design review; ensure the approved design meet the project, client and technical requirement, regulatory rules and long-term operability needs
- Report progress and present status updates to internal and external parties
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders, and manage priorities, risks and mitigation
- Identify and execute activities required to obtain relevant regulatory and/or external approvals/permits
- Manage the competitive procurement process and once awarded, contract administration
- in site assessment and lead pre-construction meetings as needed
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as engineering, business, or economics
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and Professional Engineers (P.Eng.) designation is an asset
- 2+ years of experience delivering power utility projects
- Experience working with one or more of the following assets: overhead distribution lines, underground and submarine distribution cables, underground structures, substations from medium to extra high voltage, automation and Scada systems, overhead transmission lines, and underground transmission lines.
- Experience working within a crown corporation or municipality is an asset
- Proven ability to lead projects and make decision independently, while collaborating with a project team
- Proven ability to review and approve engineering documentation; knows how to interpret electrical, mechanical and civil drawings and design reports
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written communication, facilitation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills in English
- Good knowledge of finance, procurement, safety standards and environmental standards
Maven delivers infrastructure projects for communities in Western and Northern Canada as owner’s representatives. We turn client ideas and objectives into sustainable infrastructure, delivered safely, on time and on budget with Maven’s unique expertise.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We are a mid-sized firm, with a professional and friendly team committed to our values of safety, wellbeing, respect, quality, collaboration and growth mindset.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. Through our Share 1% program we select organizations to partner with and offer volunteer opportunities for our staff.
Email your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered and only those invited to an interview will be contacted.