About the job
Are you looking for your next challenge as a project manager?
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the core team to construct strategic energy projects in Northern Canada that support Canada’s greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets. The core responsibility of this role is to manage two multi-million-dollar projects, an LNG power plant upgrade and powering a remote mine site. This role is a key part of a growing company, mentoring our growing team and contributing to our business strategy.
Sound like your expertise? Join us as at Maven Consulting, listed on the Globe and Mail Growth 500 list for the past 3 years running as one of Canada’s fast-growing companies, as our Project Manager for major projects.
This role collaborates with the project and client teams and is overseen by our Director of Project Delivery. The core responsibilities include:
- Follow project delivery processes to ensure the work is carried out in the most cost-effective manner
- Plan and manage projects through all phases; planning, design, execution and closeout
- Develop plans and monitor project progress using charters and project management plans, risk assessments, schedules, budgets, procurement plans, quality plans, and communication plans
- Problem solve unexpected challenges and delays in projects to ensure effective project delivery
- Report progress and present status updates to senior management
- Direct your multi-disciplinary team including engineering, procurement, stakeholder engagement, environmental, indigenous relations, properties, as well as your internal project delivery team
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders
- Ensure internal and external resources with appropriate skill sets are assigned work and are supported in their tasks
- Oversee project procurement management, including procurement of contractors through a formal bidding and award process
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through reviews
- Participate in site assessments both during planning and construction
- Mentor and support our internal team, with both delivering project work and to develop them into thriving professionals
- Provide input into Maven’s strategy, manage client accounts, and contribute to winning more projects for our great team to work on
Who we are looking for:
- Have the following credentials: Bachelor’s degree, or Diploma of Technology, in a relevant discipline of Engineering and a Project Management Professional (PMP) designation. Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) considered an asset.
- 15+ years managing infrastructure projects, including experience managing $50M+ projects
- Experience working on LNG, diesel generation stations or other thermal energy projects strongly preferred
- Experience working on project sin Northern Canada considered an asset
- Outstanding organization and leadership abilities; aptitude in problem solving
- Excellent and professional presentation, communication, stakeholder management and conflict resolution skills in English
- Working knowledge of a variety of engineering disciplines, finance, and procurement
- Able to manage a high volume of work with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to travel as required
- Excellent use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and project management tools (MS Project)
- Grow with us – Take on new projects, share your experience with our team, and shape our company
- Work on interesting projects with impact – Reducing green house gas emissions
- Receive competitive compensation and health benefits
- Work with a friendly, respectful team that listens deeply and trusts each others’ expertise – our culture is recognized as a Best Place to Work for Inclusion and Wellness.
- Contribute to our Share 1% program through organizing initiatives and attending events
- Be supported and give back through training, team meetings, 121 meetings, townhalls
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.
Maven Consulting is an engineering and construction consultancy delivering services across Western North America. We strive to help our clients provide the world with energy, utility infrastructure, and to advance future generations. Based in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Maven has been recognized as the fastest growing professional services company in Western Canada and as Best Place to Work in British Columbia in 2021.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We have a professional, friendly, and open team committed to our values: serving clients, producing quality work, and proactive communication.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. We are proud to donate 1% of our annual revenue to local community groups.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.